Welcome

Welcome to the blog of Kent Morris for Maranoa Reional Council!
You may also like to check out my facebook page at
www.facebook.com/kentforcouncil

Monday 9 January 2012

Customer service standards

I had cause to phone the council today as I wanted to speak to the CEO about the nomination process. The lady who answered the phone was professional and polite, as you would expect. I told her what I wanted and she said she would put me through to the CEO's PA who, you guessed it was unavailable.

I asked if they could call back and the reception lady said she would pass the message on and see if we could organise an appointment. I've been poking around the house all afternoon waiting for the call back.

It made me think about what people’s expectations are. Years ago, when I did my Aussiehost customer service training we were told that even if you cannot resolve an issue with a customer, they will at least feel that they are valued and that their concerns have been listened to if you treat their query with professionalism and empathy. The most important customer is the one standing in front of you (or speaking to you on the phone). Even a bad call can end with a positive note if handled correctly.

I know that some of the council’s staff have completed Aussiehost customer service training and that it has made a difference to those people who have completed it. Don’t get me wrong, I have no complaint with council staff in the handling of my query....... I am still waiting for the call back though!

No comments:

Post a Comment