Welcome

Welcome to the blog of Kent Morris for Maranoa Reional Council!
You may also like to check out my facebook page at
www.facebook.com/kentforcouncil

Wednesday 25 April 2012

It’s over to you....

This may well be my final Blog post prior to the close of voting. As a candidate, I’ve done my part in introducing myself to the voters of the shire and it’s over to you all to now make the decision. Only time will tell if I have been successful or not in selling myself to you.
 

Pre-poll scrutiny starts on Friday, with candidates scrutineers being allowed to observe the checking of declaration flaps against the Electoral roll, where the flap will be removed and the envelope placed in the ballot box. Following this, the envelopes will then be opened and both ballot papers removed and put into the ballot box, this is how the votes become anonymous.
 

Scrutineering of the ballot papers can begin with the counting of the votes, which should commence around 6.00pm on Saturday evening.
 

The Mayoral Ballots will be counted on Saturday night, with the Councillor ballots commencing on Sunday morning. Counting will continue up until the 8th of May, when the last of the postal ballots must have been received by the returning officer.
 

It feels like it has been a long campaign, I started gearing up my campaign in the end of January, at that stage, the election was set for the end of March. As you would recall, the then Premier decided to postpone the elections so that we could have a state election first. Throw in the Floods, Easter and a couple of other things and it feels like it has been a long run.
 

So, I’d like to thank everyone for taking an interest in the campaign so far, my next post will most likely be dealing with the results of the election. To the residents of the Maranoa region, I await your decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment